Now, that is depowering!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2007
      I went out in a blizzard today with the Waroo 5m.

      Made a jump, crashed and when I looked for the kite, it was straight
      down wind and started climbing up across the power zone. I quickly let
      go of the bar and expected the kite to pull me somewhat. Nothing! The
      kite just sort of "moved" across the power zone and barely pulled me
      even 1 inch.

      Now that is depowering and I assumed all other flat kites, SLE, bow,
      etc. are similar.

      With such depowering capacity I would assume that once one learns how to
      "let go of the bar", accident would be drastically reduced?