What is next for kites?

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      We had this battle about sled .vs. flat long time ago.

      Sled more or less won due to its inherent stability and the "mysterious"
      sled boosting effect. Read
      http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/kite.htm#Sled_Boosting for the sled
      boosting effect.

      Even with flat LEI, the kiters' preference is SLE, not flat bow. SLE
      has more stability and "sled boosting" effect while offering full
      depower (actually, it's the full depower that is important and not the
      flatness of the kite).

      Do we want a flatter flat LEI? flatter than bow? We have foils which
      are probably better and more efficient. Back to the future with foil?
      I had this wonderfully sled/foil kite that can behave as a foil or sled
      up to the desire of the kiter a while ago...

      What is next for kites?

      P.S., I was posting a message about bridle on the trailing edge of flat
      LEI a while ago on these groups and it looks like someone is seriously
      working on it. Sounds like our discussions at the various Yahoo
      kitesurf groups are always first in trend and direction (the same thing
      happened with Flat LEI via the original discussion at
      http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/message/67005 )

      Hung