Re: Bow .vs. SLE

  • Chris Glazier
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2006
      Faction kites produced a kite with a second skin on the underside near
      the leading edge. I never flew one but I understand that it was not a
      tremendous improvement. The company is now defunct. I do recall
      launching one and having a tough time holding the kite since I
      couldn't get my hand around the leading edge.

      Incidentally an airplane wing works when air pressure pulls the upper
      surface upward from above, not pushes from below. It is more critical
      that smooth laminar airflow occur above the wing than below.

      Chris Glazier

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, George Sarris <jakefarley2000@...>