Socks inside booties for cold day

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2006
      I get cold very easily as I don't have as much "protection" as heavier
      guys.

      Normally by this time of the year, my feet feel "numb" after half hour
      of kiting.

      Today, I used regular socks inside the booties (and also to cover my ankle).

      It made lots of differences.

      I felt "hot" and only my fingers (inside neoprene gloves) were a bit
      cold at the end of the day.

      I will wear some thin layer of glove inside the neoprene glove next time
      and that should make me "invincible" for this cold Canadian mid to late
      fall water.

      P.S., Yes, the Ocean Rodeo Gyro Pro dry suit works great!

      Hung.
    • ISHTAR LUESBY
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2006
        Hi Hung

        An old whitewater trick is to wear a super thin polyester sock and a smart wool sock combo inside your wetsuit booties. Both are available at Mec or Trailhead.

        Another and better option in my opinion, is to use a drysuit with attached feet and then you can wear the above combo of socks inside the dry suit and use whatever type of footware that best suit your purpose. A helmet liner also keeps the the head warm.

        Cheers Ishtar