Light wind, directional and flat kite

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16 6:28 PM
      I have just discovered the best new combination today: ligh wind,
      directional and flat kite.

      I rigged up my Waroo 16m with a 5'9" directional today and they worked
      excellent in lightwind (probably around 8 to 10 knots)

      Since the board was light (only 7 lbs fully loaded), the jumps were
      excellent for such light condition.

      Directional is for sure much faster than bidirectional in light wind as
      you can pick up speed almost instantaneously.

      Wind picks up and being overpower on a directional? No problem with a
      flat kite, just sheet out as far as your arm can go.

      Jibing is so much fun. I almost forgot how much fun it was when I first
      successfully did my first jibe 7 years ago.

      So don't write off directional just yet, they are definitely fun to ride
      and jump in light wind, especially with the help of flat kites ...