Los Angeles Area?

  • M. Mohr
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2006
      Am very curious about the sport and would like to get together with
      some local surfers to check it out. I'm in Hermosa Beach anyone close?

      I've never tried kitesurfing but have extensive ocean experience. I
      would be awesome to have one of you guys show me what's involved
      instead of going to a shop.

      Blue Skies,
      Morri
    • DeniseSEWA@Aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16, 2006
        In a message dated 8/16/2006 4:25:49 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
        mohr41@... writes:

        Am very curious about the sport and would like to get together with
        some local surfers to check it out. I'm in Hermosa Beach anyone close?

        I've never tried kitesurfing but have extensive ocean experience. I
        would be awesome to have one of you guys show me what's involved
        instead of going to a shop.

        Blue Skies,
        Morri

        If you get down to the San Diego area there is a great spot to learn ( also
        lessons available from Manta kitesurfing , great instructor) any weekend with
        more than 10 MPH wind forecast and you will see 20 or so kiters, drop an
        e-mail if you are coming and we can help inform you and perhaps let you have a
        go at flying one of our kites. closer to the LA area is " Belmont Shores" in
        long beach, I have kited there several times and the people seem friendly,
        check out " Captain Kirk's" kite store when you are there and ask for "Mel" , he
        is an upfront guy who will steer you right on equipment.
        Denise