Turbo Launcher opens up new kiting spots

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2006
      I have been vacationing with the family at Sandbridge, VA in the last
      couple summers.

      In the past, I normally only kite in the Ocean as the Back Bay area has
      no beach and only tiny access spots for canoe or small boat.

      The wind is normall very strong from the S or SW (the dominant wind
      direction for northern hemisphere).

      Today I launch my 9m Waroo myself with the Turbo Launcher from a tiny
      canoe launch at Back Bay across from the Little Island Park (you can pay
      $5 to park in the park or park free on the road side 50m from the park -
      very limited parking spaces here, also watch out for soft sand if you
      don't have 4x4)

      Launching is no problem once you walk your kite out into open water
      around waist deep.

      The kiting was excellent at Back Bay (mostly waist deep), strong, clean
      wind and pretty flat water.

      Two other kiters joined me afterward, they did have the Turbo Launcher
      but they had two and helped each other to get launch.

      Hung.
    • Thomas George DeMille
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2006
        Hey Hung, the turbolauncher web site doesn't do a good job of showing
        exactly what this thing
        does, can you explain? It looks like a compilcated line winder. Does
        it allow you to acually
        launch the kite and then let the lines out slowly while the kite is in
        the air? Or does it allow
        you to drift launch the kite without the lines getting tangled?

        Tom
      • matt marek
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2006
          hi,
          i'm just getting into kiting. have been out on land a
          few times and hope to do a session in water with some
          friends this week. next week my work takes me to
          ottawa for over a month. i'd like to bring my kites
          with me and get out on the weekends. i'm sure i can
          find patches of land to fly on but what about water?
          are there areas where kiters go to for surfing? being
          new, i'd prefer to be in an area where others are out
          and about that can help if needed.
          cheers
          matt

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • hungvu2000@rogers.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23, 2006
            It allows you to:
            1- Set up the kite in tiny spot (20' by 20' spot will do)
            2- Drift launch the kite alone without the danger of getting the
            lines tangled.

            This device will allow kiters to launch where the windsurfers, canoers
            can launch without all the hassles of carrying heavy windsurfing or
            canoeing equipment.

            Hung.