Re: [ksurfschool] Flat kite accident?

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12 1:52 PM
      Denise,

      All flat kites 12m or under can be raise to a vertical C easily by
      pulling on one of the back line in ridable wind.

      For larger flat kites (e.g. Waroo 14m and larger), you can launch them
      the same way as a classic but don't have to swim much toward the kite.

      The other option is to push the bar out, pull around 1m or 2m of one of
      the back lines and swim/walk toward the other direction to help the kite
      to raise to a vertical C. We taught that method to the student and we
      can raise the 16m Waroo fairly confidently (haven't try to raise the 20m
      Waroo yet) in wind just enough to ride and learn. For other flat kites,
      you can probably do similarly.

      Hung.