SURF ... a new way

  • flkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      Kiteboarders are trying out a new way of gliding over the water and grabbing waves. It is a
      great way to develop board skills while crossing-training in a solid workout offshore. It is
      new but also very old, brought about by the surf riders in the Pacific long ago. It has recently
      exploded in Hawaii, again, and now is moving outward to other parts of the globe.

      Standup paddleboarding, standup surfing, "Beach-Boy" Style surfing, Hui O He'e Nalu, it
      goes by many names but what is it? I recently put that question to John Bendon of Maui, HI.
      John is the son of Jim Bendon, the man who introduced me to kitesurfing in the summer of
      1998 in the BVI.

      continued at ...

      CLICK HERE FOR FULL SIZED IMAGES
      url=http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=73