Water launching kites

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2006
      I have been playing with the mini Turbo Launcher extensively in the last
      week and found that it is a very interesting device.

      It takes some practice to know how to use the device well; however, once
      you know how to use it, it is definitely a "must have" for all kiters in
      any one of the following situations:
      - No place on land to set up the kite
      - No place on land to launch the kite
      - The beach is too crowded
      - You don't want to launch the kite on land to reduce risk of accident

      We used it extensively, successfully in shallow water but deep water
      (without waves or shore breaks) should work as well. For waves or shore
      breaks, if possible, swim past them into deeper water. We haven't
      tried, but personally don't think the device would work in big waves and
      shore breaks that you can't swim past it.

      The device make water launching looks very "professional" and tangle
      free if done correctly.

      It takes lots of practice to use the device well (have I mentioned this
      before?) so make sure you give it at least 5 tries before judging it (or
      take a lesson with the school that uses it)

      This device will open up lots of launching spots currently not available
      for kiting (even spots that are not accessing for windsurfing - due to
      the heavy load of carrying windsurfing equipment around).

      Launching from the boat (for kitesurfing) should be simple.

      Launching the kite for kiteboating should be fine (flat LEI kite with
      reverse launching capability is preferred).

      I have order a whole bunch of them to give out to each student free of
      charge as a part of the lesson and would recommend all kiters to get 1.
      You will never know how many kiting spots you will be able to ride with
      this device...

      Launching on land at crowded spots will likely be a thing of the past
      with this device... Land based accident due to launching will likely be
      drastically reduced...

      P.S., The other bonuses are that if you are in a rush to go kiting
      (let's say after work), you can preload the lines on the Turbo Launcher
      the day before and can save the standard 10 minutes sorting out the line
      and also can safety check your line connections to the kite easily.

      Hung.
    • DeniseSEWA@Aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2006
        In a message dated 6/18/2006 9:30:51 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
        hungvu2000@... writes:

        I have been playing with the mini Turbo Launcher extensively in the last
        week and found that it is a very interesting device

        is there a web site which shows how to use it??
        Denise

        http://hometown.aol.com/denisesewa/index.html

      • hungvu2000@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2006