Flat LEI .vs. classic LEI projected surface

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2006
      I have been playing with Flat LEI and classic LEI kite design and notice
      that the projected surface of a flat LEI is around 15% more than classic
      LEI of the same size (the projected surface of a 10m flat LEI is around
      7.1m and that of a 10m classic LEI is around 6.2m).

      P.S. While the classic LEI projected surface to flat surface ratio is
      pretty "constant", the same ratio in flat LEI may vary slightly
      depending on how flat the kite is.