Flat LEI's ok for first kite?

  • MonkeyClaw Freefly Team - Timmy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2006
      Hi There-

      I've just started kitesurfing and am wondering what the thoughts are
      on getting a flat LEI for a first kite? I'm getting lessons and would
      like to start learning with my own equipment after I've had a bit more
      practice. It seems like this is the directions the technology is
      moving towards, and I don't want to get a kite that will be out-dated
      in a year or two.

      Any thoughts on this?

      Thanks!
      Tim
    • hungvu2000@rogers.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2006
        We are currently teaching using only flat kites (Waroo 3, 5, 7, 9, 12
        and 16). Many of our student bought flat LEI as the first kite.

        With the flat kites, we are also experimenting with water lesson only
        (no need for land based training anymore).

        We'll update http://kiteboardingschool.org/ktm.htm to add the water
        training only option once it proves to be successful.

        Hung.