Body drag upwind or swim

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2006
      I was out today with the 16m Waroo, had a big wipe out and was around 10
      - 20 m down wind of my board.

      The board was upside down so almost stationary at the same spot.

      Then the wind started dropping and after a couple body drag upwind, I
      was only a couple meters closer to the board.

      Fed up, I put the kite at neutral and did a few back strokes with both
      arms and legs toward the board.

      I got to the board in a few seconds after that.

      With flat kites, we have the option to do either or both...

      Hung.
    • George Sarris
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006
        Hung,
        How do you like the 16m Waroo? Have you ever flown a
        20m Waroo? If so, how did it perform (wind range,
        speed, handling, etc.) in comparison with the 16m?

        Thanks,
        George

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • hungvu2000@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006
          George,

          The Waroo 16m is a great kite! This is the first 16m+ kite that I ever
          like jumping with. I have used many other 16m+ kites but mainly for
          crusing around. The Waroo 16m is a fast turning kite so jumping and
          landing is not a problem at all in light wind for me. Most other 16m+
          kites are slow turning kites so by the time I land, the kite is barely
          back to neutral. I assume other newer 16m+ flat kites are similar to
          the Waroo 16m.

          I haven't flown a 20m Waroo. For my size I probably don't need it. I
          assume when I am on the Waroo 16, a heavier kiter should be on the 20.

          Hung.