Flying Lines End Loop Problem

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2006
      I just notices on one of my back lines that the loop
      where it connnects to the kite has slipped somewhat.
      It appears that the loop is sewn onto the line and
      evidently some of the stitching has come loose and the
      loop has bunched up some. The lines themselves are
      still in great shape. I was wondering if the lines
      can be tied in a larkshead knot if I took the loop off
      or will this decrease the strength of the line. Or if
      the loop can be taken off and re-sewn back on with
      nylon thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      George

      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2006
        do not remove the sleeve.
        that keeps the line from cutting itself.
        phil b