Flat kite low end

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2006
      I rode my 16m Waroo today in wind where other kiters were using 16m
      Waroo and classic LEI 17m.

      In the end, there were only two 16m Waroos left flying and I was the
      only one who can go upwind.

      I would guess the 16m Waroo low end is around 18m to 19m classic LEI.

      So for flat kites, just add 15% to 20% to both the high end and low end
      wind range of a classic LEI of the same size.

      P.S., To use all of the Waroo high end and low end, you need to play
      with the connection on the back line pig tail.

      Hung.
    • matt marek
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2006
        i'm going to soon be starting kite surfing lessons
        here in toronto. any local surfers that can recommend
        a good kite size for typical lake ontario days?

        any local group of surfers that get together or do
        outings? clubs of any kind?
        cheers
        matt the noob

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • hungvu2000@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2006
          Matt,

          For average weigh kiter, a good size is 12m to 14m kite to start with
          and then you can add a smaller and a larger size later on

          Check http://kitesurfingschool.org/schools.htm for the list of schools
          in your area.

          Hung.