Flat Kite High Wind

  • David Alger
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2006
      At Real in Hatteras this weekend, the two student intermediate team
      used a 5 M Waroo over a three day period in winds starting at 25 knots
      and ending gusting to 40. I weigh 160; the other guy 190. At no time
      were we overpowered. Once up and riding, the sheeting action allowed
      smooth, controlled rides. It was quite amazing to look around and see
      no other kites out. We are just getting comfortable with getting up
      and riding, barely intermediate. Flat kites rule!
    • David Alger
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2006
      • hungvu2000@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2006
          Amazing! I was in Hateras myself and riding the same wind with the 9m
          Waroo (actually with the 9m Waroo on Saturday and Monday but with the 5m
          Grunt on Sunday - I could probably ride the Waroo 9m on Sunday too but
          it made more sense with the 5m Grunt). Was it up to 40 knots?

          Hung.