Flat kite high end

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 2:43 PM
      I went out to day with the Waroo 9m in strong wind probably in the 20 to
      30 knots range.

      Other kiters get beaten up on 8m classic kites. Some doing OK on 7m
      classic and some even on 5m classic kites.

      So I estimated the high range of the Waroo 9m for me is around 7m (I am
      light but have known to use the same kite size as average kiters).

      Hung.
    • George Sarris
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2 11:41 AM
        Hung,
        How is the workmanship and durability of the Waroo?
        Any problems with inverting? Can they be self
        launched? I've been thinking about buying a 16m or a
        20m for those summer 8-10 mph sea breezes on the west
        coast of Florida.

        George

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • hungvu2000@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 3:30 PM
          George,

          I would say it is OK. It may not be the best in quality but workmanship
          and durability should be OK.

          I have never seen my Waroos inverted.

          Self-launch should not be an issue unless it is way overpowered then it
          is wise to have someone to help you (similar to classic LEI).

          Go for the Waroo 20m. I am using the Waroo 16m this afternoon in
          similar wind and was the only one who can go up wind. For heavier
          kiters the Waroo 20m should be a better bet.

          Hung.