Best 2002 kites...

  • Toby Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hello all, I am new to this group and have been riding for about 2-3
      months now. My question is this: I saw that a vote had been made
      in the polls for which kite was the best 2002 kite and frankly I am
      baffled that only one person voted for the 2002 Slingshot Fuel.
      These kites were made to withstand major abuse and you can tell by
      just looking at the material. 2002 Slingy Fuels are the only kite I
      really like to ride because they seem to stay stationary better than
      any other kite I have flown when at 12 o'clock. In my opinion, it
      really creates a safe learning environment as you are not struggling
      to learn how to keep the kite overhead while walking upwind or
      getting your feet in the straps.

      On another note, have you guys seen the new Slingshot leashes? Ever
      since I started flying my trainer kite about 5 months ago, I was
      wondering why leashes did not have quick releases on them. Yes, if
      you throw the bar or pull the plug on your control bar it SHOULD
      depower your kite but if your kite begins looping and pulling you
      toward an obstacle or your lines are tied up with another kiters,
      you don't have that luxury...now with the new Slingy leash, you can
      also pull your leash QR and dump the kite if you are in real
      trouble...GREAT advancement in kiting safety IMO!!!

      Hope to chat with you all real soon!

      Happy kiting,

      Toby (St. Petersburg, FL)
    • Mark Pronk