first of two...High or Low?

  • ex_cpe
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2005
      Now that the Fall winds have filled in; there seem to be two schools of getting upwind -
      not just upwind..but vey high angled tacks.

      1. We have a local woman who looks as if she could climb a building with her kite because
      she goes upwind so very well in a 'High (about 11 o'clock) and slow" mode.

      2. Another local seems to almost kite twice as fast as everyone, cuts a very high wake -
      you'd think he was on a beam reach - but, also get's a very good angle...yet his kite is
      down low: about 40-45deg.

      Both use 2005 gear, would be considered advanced intermediates but their styles are so
      different. Which is technically more efficient?

      jim