Re: [ksurfschool] Digest Number 1282

  • Thomas George DeMille
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
      I'm not familiar with that kite, but I would try flying it equally on both lines, also inflate it
      until you can 'ping' it with your fingernail and it sounds like a very taught drum, like 8-9PSI if
      you have a pump gauge.

      The bladder won't blow up because it is contained by the ripstop. (within reason).

      Tom
    • George Sarris
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
        Thanks Tom. I'll try more pressure the next time I'm
        out.
        George
        --- Thomas George DeMille <tdemille@...> wrote:

        > I'm not familiar with that kite, but I would try
        > flying it equally on both lines, also inflate it
        > until you can 'ping' it with your fingernail and it
        > sounds like a very taught drum, like 8-9PSI if
        > you have a pump gauge.
        >
        > The bladder won't blow up because it is contained by
        > the ripstop. (within reason).
        >
        > Tom

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Rick Howe
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
          Thanks Tom. I'll try more pressure the next time I'm
          out.
          George
          --- Thomas George DeMille <tdemille@...> wrote:

          > I'm not familiar with that kite, but I would try
          > flying it equally on both lines, also inflate it
          > until you can 'ping' it with your fingernail and it
          > sounds like a very taught drum, like 8-9PSI if
          > you have a pump gauge.
          >
          > The bladder won't blow up because it is contained by
          > the ripstop. (within reason).
          >
          > Tom

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Sport psychology course Sport nutrition Kitesurfing

        • Rick Howe
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
            My old 15.5 Naish AR-5 did it when the outside struts were soft. My 19.4 Airush Lift does it when the LE is soft. My 12 Slingshot never does it...- others do it when it the kite stalls and flies backwards (too much back lines in light air) - I'm sure there are more reasons...