RE: [ksurfschool] Kite JellyFishing

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
      I was afraid that it may be design error. The kite is
      a new 2003 Airush Lift Pro 19.5m. I've flown it
      twice. The first time it was in 13-15kts wind and it
      seemed that the leading edge and strut bladders could
      use more pressure. I have a tendency of being very
      wary of over-inflating. The second time I tried a
      little more pressure and it seemed to help although
      the winds were not as strong as the first, only 11
      kts.

      Hung said in his reply that it is attributable to the
      tips stalling and collapsing and then reopening.
      Could it possibly be also that I fly my kites mostly
      on the front lines and have very little pressure on
      the back lines? Could flying more on the back lines
      reduce this problem?

      Thanks,
      George
      --- Kitepower Sydney <sydney@...> wrote:

      > It is usually a design error, although if the
      > bladder is underinflated that
      > may not help.
      > That said, on some kite designs with poor balance
      > with regard to the COG and
      > COB pumping the bladder hard may make it worse!
      > Which kite is is?
      >
      > Cya and
      > Goodwinds
      >
      > Steve McCormack
      > www.kitepower.com.au
      >

      > _____

      ing&w2=Sports+psychology+degree&w3=Sport+psychology+college&w4=Sport+psychol

      ogy+course&w5=Sport+nutrition&w6=Kitesurfing&c=6&s=152&.sig=1Kl8DnhZ1aS-AbmI
      > dOCpAg> fund raising Sports

      +raising&w2=Sports+psychology+degree&w3=Sport+psychology+college&w4=Sport+ps

      ychology+course&w5=Sport+nutrition&w6=Kitesurfing&c=6&s=152&.sig=zyWwYENrueF
      > LndmQ0dJD9w> psychology degree Sport

      +raising&w2=Sports+psychology+degree&w3=Sport+psychology+college&w4=Sport+ps

      ychology+course&w5=Sport+nutrition&w6=Kitesurfing&c=6&s=152&.sig=OCFlb4WXgxR
      > iwS8KC4hOjw> psychology college
      > Sport

      raising&w2=Sports+psychology+degree&w3=Sport+psychology+college&w4=Sport+psy

      chology+course&w5=Sport+nutrition&w6=Kitesurfing&c=6&s=152&.sig=0qH5FQfEKIaQ
      > Zp03FRIiVQ> psychology course Sport

      w2=Sports+psychology+degree&w3=Sport+psychology+college&w4=Sport+psychology+

      course&w5=Sport+nutrition&w6=Kitesurfing&c=6&s=152&.sig=k9VafUbaJr-niA4rCgvi
      > bg> nutrition Kitesurfing

      ports+psychology+degree&w3=Sport+psychology+college&w4=Sport+psychology+cour

      se&w5=Sport+nutrition&w6=Kitesurfing&c=6&s=152&.sig=rRmblhY6NoTd2h5f9KfeGA>

      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "ksurfschool
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ksurfschool> " on the
      > web.

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      >

      > _____

      > removed]

      Yahoo! for Good
    • Murat Bronz
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
        George,
        If you fly it more on back lines, it will have a tendecy to enter the stall
        quickly, becouse while flying more on the back lines ,kite will be flying
        with a higher angle of attack , it will produce more lift but will slow down
        its maneuvres becouse of producing more drag...
        Thats it from me ,, :) I can only say my desicion about stall but I dont
        think you had such a problemm (becouse you said that you r flying more on
        the front lines)
        Murat BRONZ