Re: [ksurfschool] Flat Inflatable?

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2005
      According to the claims:

      >1. Wind range. It appears that a flat inflatable
      >would have a lower wind range/requirement compared
      >with a standard inflatable. i.e. a 12 m flat would be
      >comparable with a 15m standard? Is this true? Or is
      >the difference not that great?

      This should be similar to foil vs inflatable

      >2. Cost. If #1 is true you could purchase a smaller
      >kite for the wind conditions in your area.

      This should be similar to foil vs inflatable

      >3. Depowerability. Is the depowerability greater for
      >flat inflatables?

      This seem to be the case for flat inflatable due to the front bridle
      (I, and Steve ?, have done some experiment with this simple front
      bridle for a standard inflatable a few years back with some positive
      result).

      The bar pressure on most flat inflatables is higher than standard
      inflatables. It is very interesting that GK has flat inflatable with
      light pressure.

      P.S., The idea of simple front bridle is not new and again it was
      "invented" on this group first by some of us a few years back. Flat
      inflatable is not new either, it is "borrowed" from Seasmik or
      Flexifoil Nesus. However the combination of flat inflatable and simple
      front bridle (with no internal bridle) is new.