Home Made Peter Lynn Inflator

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2005
      I know you guys are probably going to have a wobble here, but in the
      UK the wind is, most of the time, crap to say the best. My only Peter
      Lynn is a 9mtr Guerrilla II which I almost sold on as I found it most
      frustrating to inflate. Especially for the area I practice fly, is an
      open field, roughly ½ mile square surrounded by trees. So at grass
      level there is little wind, but 30mtrs up it's howling. So I built a
      kite inflator. Cost me about £40 I recon, gets my kite FULLY inflated
      in less than 3 minutes. If you check the video in the FILES area here
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf-buggy-atb/ then the Home Made
      Inflator pics in PHOTOS you will get my drift.

      Be interested to get any CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, and yes I know you
      don't like pumps!

      Regards

      oh, I once offered to build one for a guy off Ebay for £70, but the
      time it takes I just coudlnt be bothered!
    • stensborg8
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2005
        Constructive feedback!

        The most wobble seems to originate in the server HD, where your video is "spacing up", and
        is now blocked!

        Anyway, a slimmer design and a sun-driven blower on your PL Inflator, might qualify it for
        another try at Ebay :-)

        Well, - shit weather behind all those trees :(
        If there is so little wind, you might consider bringing a BigBaloon instead? It might be lighter
        to carry ;)

        Good luck...

        Ref.: kitesurf-buggy-atb/
      • Mark
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2005
          Server HD drive not an issue, over a terabyte spare, poor video due
          to compressing a 40mb file down to 2mb. Had to knock it down cos
          30mb of forum space dunt really cut it.

          Sold it 5 times over on Ebay, I just couldnt be bothered to build em.

          Soft Landings dewd.

          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "stensborg8"