Need a kite buddy

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31 3:39 PM
      Hi
      Names Mark from Sheffield UK, need a kite buddy to share the learning
      experience of kite surfing. Spent around 4-5 months land kiting but
      now have my kit ready to go to water. Had my lessons booked a few
      times but weather is too unpredictable to commit at the moment. Having
      kite lessons in Lanzarote come October, but feels like a long way off.
      Get in touch if you frequent Cleethorpes/skegness or such areas.
      Tah till then.

      Mark
    • Kitepower Sydney
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31 7:00 PM
        G'day Mark

        Go to the places where you know people kitesurf, hang out there, help the
        locals launch and land, have an esky with some cold beers in it for an after
        kite get to know a couple of locals session.
        You are more likely to meet a reliable kite buddy there, or the locals will
        take you under their wing.
        Good on you for asking here though, because there is no harm in asking a
        question, ever! :-)

        www.kitepower.com.au

        _____

        Names Mark from Sheffield UK, need a kite buddy to share the learning
        experience of kite surfing. Spent around 4-5 months land kiting but
        now have my kit ready to go to water. Had my lessons booked a few
        times but weather is too unpredictable to commit at the moment. Having
        kite lessons in Lanzarote come October, but feels like a long way off.
        Get in touch if you frequent Cleethorpes/skegness or such areas.
        Tah till then.

        Mark

        Sport
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sport+fun&w1=Sport+fun&w2=Fun&w3=Kitesu
        rfing&c=3&s=41&.sig=Afks9WONK-OzIKbJVtuYtw> fun Fun
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun&w1=Sport+fun&w2=Fun&w3=Kitesurfing&
        c=3&s=41&.sig=Sj-_6zKuaYXUxZJifkyC4A> Kitesurfing
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Kitesurfing&w1=Sport+fun&w2=Fun&w3=Kite
        surfing&c=3&s=41&.sig=PSOJPhOJnQgXbc6m-t582A>

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "ksurfschool
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ksurfschool> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

        http://www.eset.com

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
          Cheers Matey....

          Someone posted this:::::
          Subject: w/2005punchout bar:how to flip kite when LE down?

          I have your punchout 2005 bar on my 4line kite. when
          the kite crashes LE down, when i swim towards the
          kite,the lines remain taut (tight) since i'm still
          hooked in (spinning leash is on too). i think the
          lines need slack in them for the kite to roll over
          downwind but it's now possible. am i suppose to unhook
          (thus spinning leash is not on) and swim with the bar
          in my hand towards the kite (thus lines will get some
          slack) ? if so, i run the risk that the kite will
          launch and my arm strength must be able NOT to let go
          of the bar or i will lose the kite.

          Thanks
          Daniel.
          :::::

          Ive done quite a bit of water draggin' getting ready for my boarding,
          and found this also, found that with LE down even swiming towards it
          sometimes wasnt enough to let it flip over. What I would do is pull
          hard on one side of the lines and kind of drag it towards me
          sideways, about a 1/4 of the way back to me (watch your fingers
          though) then let go. After doing this about three hundred times you
          sometimes get lucky.

          Waiting for input from the goorooz :o)

          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kitepower Sydney" <sydney@k...>
          wrote:
          > G'day Mark
          >
          > Go to the places where you know people kitesurf, hang out there,
          help the
          > locals launch and land, have an esky with some cold beers in it for
          an after
          > kite get to know a couple of locals session.
          > You are more likely to meet a reliable kite buddy there, or the
          locals will
          > take you under their wing.
          > Good on you for asking here though, because there is no harm in
          asking a
          > question, ever! :-)
          >
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          >
          > Steve McCormack
          > www.kitepower.com.au
          >

          > _____

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          Service
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          >

          > _____

          > http://www.eset.com

        • George Sarris
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
            High aspect ratio kites are a real pain to water
            relaunch when the leading edge is down. The key is
            getting the kite to roll over on its back and at the
            same time to position yourself to one side or the
            other so that the kite will begin to move to the edge
            of the wind window. You can hold the bar over your
            head behind you as far as possible and then as you
            push the bar forward, swim towards the kite either to
            the right or the left side. Don't forget to position
            the bar accordingly depending on which side you swim
            to.

            If the winds are light and that does not work try
            pulling in one of the front lines about 3 meters (the
            back lines don't work so good). Then let it go and
            swim toward the kite to the right or left
            side(depending on which of the front lines you pulled
            in) to get it to roll over on its back and go to one
            side of the wind window. I've had much experience
            water relaunching a 21.5m Cabrihna Black Tip which is
            a high aspect kite. Because it is so hard to water
            relaunch, I've learned what not to do that causes it
            to "Hindenburg" or fall out of the sky. One of the
            things to avoid is flying the kite at the zenith for
            any length of time in light inconsistent winds. Some
            kites tend to overfly in the gusts and then fall out
            of the sky. Keeping the kite at 60 degrees helps to
            avoid this. Hopes this helps.

            Cheers,
            George

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mark
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
              Brilliant

              Thought there was something wrong with a couple of my kites that
              seemed to whip to zenith then decided to say "HI" real close up
              like :oP... Flexifoil Strike 9mtr and Slingshot Fuel seemed worse for
              this.... oh the 25mtr V4 once did this, and that WAS scarey seeing
              this monster rollocking down streight towards me. Bless :o)

              Mark

              --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, George Sarris