RE: [ksurfschool] Bladder repair glue/patch recommendation

  • Kitepower Sydney
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2005
      Hi George
      Bike shops carry the original Park Tools patch kits that come with most
      inflatable kites.
      If you need to make a big repair, get some polyurethane glue, the clear
      flexible type you get as "seam sealer" from camping stores

      www.kitepower.com.au

      _____

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2005
        Thanks Steve. I'll give it a try. I also read
        somewhere about using Pattex glue.

        Thanks again,
        George

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Kitepower Sydney
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2005
          Hi George
          Pattex does not stick very well, it can work, but I have found that over
          time the repairs will leak if the bladder section they are on is subject to
          stretch or expansion, like round the valve.

          www.kitepower.com.au

          _____

          Thanks Steve. I'll give it a try. I also read
          somewhere about using Pattex glue.

          Thanks again,
          George

          --- Kitepower Sydney <sydney@...> wrote:

          > Hi George
          > Bike shops carry the original Park Tools patch kits
          > that come with most
          > inflatable kites.
          > If you need to make a big repair, get some
          > polyurethane glue, the clear
          > flexible type you get as "seam sealer" from camping
          > stores
          >
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          >
          > Steve McCormack
          > www.kitepower.com.au
          >

          > _____

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          Sport
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sport+fun&w1=Sport+fun&w2=Fun&w3=Kitesu
          rfing&c=3&s=41&.sig=Afks9WONK-OzIKbJVtuYtw> fun Fun
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun&w1=Sport+fun&w2=Fun&w3=Kitesurfing&
          c=3&s=41&.sig=Sj-_6zKuaYXUxZJifkyC4A> Kitesurfing
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Kitesurfing&w1=Sport+fun&w2=Fun&w3=Kite
          surfing&c=3&s=41&.sig=PSOJPhOJnQgXbc6m-t582A>

          _____