Bladder repair glue/patch recommendation

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2005
      Can anyone please recommend where I can purchase a
      good kite bladder repair glue/patch kit? My old
      Cabrinha BT has a small leak in the center strut and I
      need to fix it so I can keep the old guy flying for
      maybe another year. Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      George

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Kitepower Sydney
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 23, 2005
        Hi George
        Bike shops carry the original Park Tools patch kits that come with most
        inflatable kites.
        If you need to make a big repair, get some polyurethane glue, the clear
        flexible type you get as "seam sealer" from camping stores

        www.kitepower.com.au

        _____

        Can anyone please recommend where I can purchase a
        good kite bladder repair glue/patch kit? My old
        Cabrinha BT has a small leak in the center strut and I
        need to fix it so I can keep the old guy flying for
        maybe another year. Any help would be appreciated.

        Thanks,
        George

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "ksurfschool
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ksurfschool> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

        http://www.eset.com

      • George Sarris
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2005
          Thanks Steve. I'll give it a try. I also read
          somewhere about using Pattex glue.

          Thanks again,
          George

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Kitepower Sydney
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 24, 2005
            Hi George
            Pattex does not stick very well, it can work, but I have found that over
            time the repairs will leak if the bladder section they are on is subject to
            stretch or expansion, like round the valve.

            www.kitepower.com.au

            _____

            Thanks Steve. I'll give it a try. I also read
            somewhere about using Pattex glue.

            Thanks again,
            George

            --- Kitepower Sydney <sydney@...> wrote:

            > Hi George
            > Bike shops carry the original Park Tools patch kits
            > that come with most
            > inflatable kites.
            > If you need to make a big repair, get some
            > polyurethane glue, the clear
            > flexible type you get as "seam sealer" from camping
            > stores
            >
            > Cya and
            > Goodwinds
            >
            > Steve McCormack
            > www.kitepower.com.au
            >

            > _____

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

            Sport
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sport+fun&w1=Sport+fun&w2=Fun&w3=Kitesu
            rfing&c=3&s=41&.sig=Afks9WONK-OzIKbJVtuYtw> fun Fun
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fun&w1=Sport+fun&w2=Fun&w3=Kitesurfing&
            c=3&s=41&.sig=Sj-_6zKuaYXUxZJifkyC4A> Kitesurfing
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Kitesurfing&w1=Sport+fun&w2=Fun&w3=Kite
            surfing&c=3&s=41&.sig=PSOJPhOJnQgXbc6m-t582A>

            _____