flysurfer titan no power or too much

  • paulgseabrook
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2005
      I'm at the getting up on the board every few attempts stage,still
      ending up downwind. I'm riding in typically quite light conditions 8 -
      15 knots) so after trying a few kites that were too small I thought a
      flysurfer titan 15.5 sounded like the ideal kite for my situation. I
      will often need to launch and land alone. I have found that the kite
      will fly in pretty light wind with not enough power for boarding, then
      as the wind increases it starts dragging me around even with lots of
      depower. If i depower too much it tends to overfly, stall and then
      reinflate right in the power zone. Any one else have experience using
      one of these kites to build their skills?
      Another issue i have is when released to the safety it still pulls
      pretty hard, i do the pull stop thing with one of the brake lines
      which kills the power but in the process it tends to spin a few times
      making relaunch a bit sketchy.
      I have watched alll the take-off and landing videos on the flysurfer
      site numerous times but i'm just not getting it. I'm starting to get a
      bit fed up with being dragged around on the beach by this thing
      instead of on the water and am starting to rethink about lei's now
      they have 5th line setups.

      thanks - paul
    • Mark Pronk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
        Paul,

        Before you sell your Titan, X-post your question on www.foilzone.com
        forums.

        There's heaps of Flysurfer users there that can surely answer your
        question.

        Regards,

        Mark

[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/B9pRWD/3MnJAA/Y3ZIAA/jacolB/TM

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Mark Lagoda
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
          Paul,
          you are self admitted rookie, spend the time getting your kite skills
          up to par. it's not the kite thats for sure. every condition you have
          described it comes down to operator error. Please don't fly a lei until
          you gotten the basics down, and solid. If you drop a tube in the zone
          It will make the titan seem tame. I really don't want to read about
          you as a statistic!!
          Peace, Good winds

          mark

        • stensborg8
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14, 2005
            Paul,

            Your not alone!

            Please, consult the web on info. Keep the kite in the powerzone,
            steady on the bar, hands
            close together, steer out the speed, and how to Go Upvind.

            You may also consider trying some times with half lenght lines!

            - and when all this is on your backbone, you have forgot ALL about
            switcing to lei's ;)

            foilzone is good reading, so is forum on
            - http://foils.nl/
            - and off course
            http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/arcusers/ :)

            Jan