Kite stacking?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2005
      Kite stacking has been around since the beginning.

      Recently I start to FULLY understand its advantage over a single larger
      kite in very light wind.

      However, stacking kite is very cumbersome for launching and water
      relaunching.

      I am working on some scheme to eliminate (or alleviate) both of these
      problems...

      Any other problems with stacking kites besides those two?

      Hung.
    • Kitepower Sydney
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2005
        The wind window will tend to be smaller, thats the issue that affects the
        viability of Stacking the most from a performance perspective, and I guess
        once you get to the point of handling a stack performance would be your main
        concern and probable reason for stacking in the first place.
        Something to do with the added drag of the stacked kites and the stacking
        lines.

        www.kitepower.com.au

        _____

        Kite stacking has been around since the beginning.

        Recently I start to FULLY understand its advantage over a single larger
        kite in very light wind.

        However, stacking kite is very cumbersome for launching and water
        relaunching.

        I am working on some scheme to eliminate (or alleviate) both of these
        problems...

        Any other problems with stacking kites besides those two?

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        http://www.nod32.com