im new and looking for cheap gear

  • s2theniggle
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2005
      im 16 and have a newfound obsession of kitesurfing but have only
      really
      been out once. i used a 'kiteski' kite/bar/harness and a wakeboard.
      me
      and a friend almost got up a few times but there was lack of wind.
      when
      leaving we could not get the poles for the kite apart even after
      trying
      for 45 min so i had to leave em at the beach :(. so now i am kiteless
      and not totally boardless because i guess i can just use a wakeboard.
      im working as a busser for about $7.50 an hour and have $130 saved
      for
      kite equipment so far. im looking for cheap stuff that i can buy
      within
      a few weeks at my rate of income. i dont care how much its been used
      just no damage since i am most definately NOT going to buy anything
      brand new because itd take me a year to save. haha.

      PS- im not planning on buying a 'trainer kite' and the only kite
      maneuvering experience i have is from that one day.

      plz help with info!

      thanks
      nick
    • chandler@gunderlandmarine.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 25, 2005
        Nick,

        Where are you located, I may have something I can help you
        with.

        Bob
      • s2theniggle
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 25, 2005
          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, <chandler@g...> wrote:
          > Nick,
          >
          > Where are you located, I may have something I can help you
          > with.
          >
          > Bob

          hey Bob,
          im located in SW Florida. In Cape Coral, which is next to Fort Myers,
          if you know where that is. If not you may know of Sanibel, which is
          about 25 min away from me.

          thanks
          nick
        • M N
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 25, 2005
            my family has a house on SE 35th St in cape coral
            maybe we can go out when i get down there.

            --- s2theniggle <scrick01@...> wrote:

            > --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, <chandler@g...>
            > wrote:
            > > Nick,
            > >
            > > Where are you located, I may have something I can
            > help you
            > > with.
            > >
            > > Bob
            >
            > hey Bob,
            > im located in SW Florida. In Cape Coral, which is
            > next to Fort Myers,
            > if you know where that is. If not you may know of
            > Sanibel, which is
            > about 25 min away from me.
            >
            > thanks
            > nick

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • s2theniggle
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 25, 2005
              Yea maybe so. i should be quiting my job soon and finding a new one
              because the hours are horrible and the pay isnt great either,
              especially not for a high schooler. im hoping to have a kite setup by
              summer.