Re: [ksurfschool] D - Power

  • ido golan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2005
      Ian - Txs,

      We can change the Neutral Position of the bar on the D Power line up& down using the strips .

      How does these changes affect the angle of attack - if at all ?

      Why do I feel more power in the "Neutral Position" when I move it upwards ?

      Ido

      Iain Wood <d.i.wood@...> wrote:
      On 21 Apr 2005, at 10:11, ido1112000 wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Can any body give an explanation how this works regarding aerodynamics
      > rather than Pull or let go the lines ...
      >
      > Does the angle of attack change by moving the bar ?

      Yes, pull the bar in to increase the angle of attack. Some foil depower
      kites also change the profile from a flat airfoil to a curved one.
      Either way the lift generated increases with inward movement of the
      bar.

      Iain