Re: [ksurfschool] trainer kite

  • Iain Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2005
      On 21 Apr 2005, at 00:37, Nathan Sanchez wrote:

      > Hello all! I bought a four line 1.4m trainer kite and am learning
      > fairly well how to fly it. My question is, how close is this to flying
      > a "real" kitesurfing kite?

      Well, you can do pretty much anything with a 1.4m and it wont bite.
      Well not much... You will need to learn a lot more respect for a full
      size kite. Like don't swing it across the power zone while you are
      still standing on the beach, and launch it with a lot more care. The
      skills you have learnt will be useful though. A full size kite will
      actually be easier to fly because it will be slower and more
      predictable. I would still recommend taking a lesson rather than just
      going out and buying something big.

      > This past weekend I took it to the beach
      > had much better result than here in town on a soccer field. Thanks!

      Inland winds are usually a mess. All that turbulence from trees,
      buildings and hills. You get much cleaner winds at the beach, as long
      as they aren't blowing offshore.

      Iain