Learn with big sail on land?

  • mkenna11
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2005
      I'm an experienced high-wind windsurfer, and I've used 2-line kites
      alot(like a kid's kite- not a kiteboarding kite). I will be
      learning where there are no instructors. Can I skip the training
      kite, and learn with a 14m inflatable kite on land, or is that too
      much for learning on land? Thanks- Matt
    • Emmanuel Herrera
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2005
        I think that you should be careful when learning to
        control your kite on land. Use your knowledge of wind
        forces in order to avoid too gusty or strong winds
        that could put you in risk.
        Then once you feel that you control the kite it may be
        wise to look for experienced people near where you
        live inorder to ask them for tips on how to kitesurf
        (on water). Otherwise think about some nice vacation
        in a learning center.
        regards.

        http://mail.yahoo.com