The Art of Staying Alive

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2005
      I have been kitesurfing since 1998, been through generations of
      equipment and had my fair shares of minor accidents. Even thought I had
      no clue of what risks to encounter in the early days, I managed to stay
      out of serious accidents due to some very simple rules and common sense
      that I practiced since day one. Many years have passed and kitesurfing
      is no longer a "mystery" as it was in the early days. Kitesurfing
      know-how, teaching methodologies and safety guidelines are very
      well-known and well published (web sites such as
      http://www.kitesurfingschool.org, schools, books, videos, magazines,
      accident databases, etc.). It is no longer acceptable for any excuse of
      not knowing what risks to expect in kitesurfing or kiting in general.

      More at http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/safety.htm

      Hung.
    • George Sarris
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2005
        I recall awhile back (maybe 1-2 years ago) that
        someone posted a definition of the acronym SAFE or
        SAFETY that had each letter indicating a facet for
        safe kite boarding. If someone has that handy, maybe
        it is a good time for a reminder.

        --- Hung Vu <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

        > I have been kitesurfing since 1998, been through
        > generations of
        > equipment and had my fair shares of minor accidents.
        > Even thought I had
        > no clue of what risks to encounter in the early
        > days, I managed to stay
        > out of serious accidents due to some very simple
        > rules and common sense
        > that I practiced since day one. Many years have
        > passed and kitesurfing
        > is no longer a "mystery" as it was in the early
        > days. Kitesurfing
        > know-how, teaching methodologies and safety
        > guidelines are very
        > well-known and well published (web sites such as
        > http://www.kitesurfingschool.org, schools, books,
        > videos, magazines,
        > accident databases, etc.). It is no longer
        > acceptable for any excuse of
        > not knowing what risks to expect in kitesurfing or
        > kiting in general.
        >
        > More at http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/safety.htm
        >
        > Hung.

        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!