Experience with landkites releveant or not

  • billyridge70806
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2005
      I am strongly considering getting into this sport, I have been
      flying 2 string and 4 string land kites for over 10 years
      (goflyakite & revolutions) and am an experienced snowboarder,
      wakeboarder and windsurfer. I'd like to jump right in and buy a
      good setup that I can use in light to medium wind conditions. I'm
      6'2" 200lbs, should I get a larger kite and use shorter lines while
      I'm learning and then get longer lines for heavier winds? Am I way
      off base or is this a valid approach?

      Also does anyone know of places on the Gulf Coast of Alabama/Florida
      that offer kitesurfing lessons?

      Thanks
    • Remtgnow@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2005
        Do yourself a big favor! take a lesson!
        kites large enough to get you going in the water can seriously injure you
        and innocent bystanders.
        You'll need to learn self rescue other safety measures on a totally
        diffrent typs of kite!!
        There are lots of schools that are probably near you. checkout PASA.org.
        Phil B

        Please note my NEW e-mail address for all
        future correspondence!

        _remtgnow@..._ (http://remtgnow@.../)