Re: [ksurfschool] board training

  • Kitepower (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 17, 2005
      Hi Frank
      It helps a bit in that you would be familiar with how your board will feel, BUT the main skill you need to MASTER in kiteboarding is KITE CONTROL! Focus on that first and foremost and you will learn quickly.
      Get lessons if you need them.
      Always point a board at the source of the traction (kite) until planing and then steer/edge away from the source (kite) once on a steady plane to gain control over your board speed and direction.

      www.kitepower.com.au

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
        now that is an idea :-)
        I will, thanks a bunch!
        Got to wait until March Though...too cold :-)

        FF

        --- jakob Thegerstr�m <jakobjth@...> wrote:

        > up on the board...whuile being pulled by a
        > boat...
        >
        > Hi Frank!
        > Was you pulled by a boat like wakeboarding?! In one
        > way this is much more difficult as you got only
        > horizontal pull. You should learn it with a kite
        > that
        > give you pull at ~30-45 degrees... much easier to
        > get
        > up on the board...
        >
        > god luck!
        > Jakob

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • jakob Thegerström
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
          if you can train waterstarts with wakeboarding it'll
          help you a lot for kitesurfing, but isn't that a
          little bit too cold also ;)

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/jacolB/TM