Re: [ksurfschool] board training

  • jakob Thegerström
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 17, 2005
      up on the board...whuile being pulled by a
      boat...

      Hi Frank!
      Was you pulled by a boat like wakeboarding?! In one
      way this is much more difficult as you got only
      horizontal pull. You should learn it with a kite that
      give you pull at ~30-45 degrees... much easier to get
      up on the board...

      god luck!
      Jakob
    • Kitepower (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 17, 2005
        Hi Frank
        It helps a bit in that you would be familiar with how your board will feel, BUT the main skill you need to MASTER in kiteboarding is KITE CONTROL! Focus on that first and foremost and you will learn quickly.
        Get lessons if you need them.
        Always point a board at the source of the traction (kite) until planing and then steer/edge away from the source (kite) once on a steady plane to gain control over your board speed and direction.

        www.kitepower.com.au

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
          now that is an idea :-)
          I will, thanks a bunch!
          Got to wait until March Though...too cold :-)

          FF

          --- jakob Thegerstr�m <jakobjth@...> wrote:

          > up on the board...whuile being pulled by a
          > boat...
          >
          > Hi Frank!
          > Was you pulled by a boat like wakeboarding?! In one
          > way this is much more difficult as you got only
          > horizontal pull. You should learn it with a kite
          > that
          > give you pull at ~30-45 degrees... much easier to
          > get
          > up on the board...
          >
          > god luck!
          > Jakob

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • jakob Thegerström
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
            if you can train waterstarts with wakeboarding it'll
            help you a lot for kitesurfing, but isn't that a
            little bit too cold also ;)

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/jacolB/TM