Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Buying First Kite - Help needed!

  • Kitepower (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2005
      The Naish Boxer is a good place to start, but OR make decent kites too.
      If you weigh in the vicinity of 85kg+ and get winds averaging 10 to 25 knots the 14M is a good size to start with.

      www.kitepower.com.au

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 17, 2005
        Hey guys,
        I just got my kite boarding equipment and tried to get
        up on the board...whuile being pulled by a
        boat...unfortunately, it didn't work...Yeah, even this
        time of the year we have once in a while decent
        weather in NC (80 degrees :-)
        Should I bend my knees and have the knees touch my
        chest? Would that help? I try to get sufficient on teh
        board before I try the board kite
        combination...anybody?

        FF

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • jakob Thegerström
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 17, 2005
          up on the board...whuile being pulled by a
          boat...

          Hi Frank!
          Was you pulled by a boat like wakeboarding?! In one
          way this is much more difficult as you got only
          horizontal pull. You should learn it with a kite that
          give you pull at ~30-45 degrees... much easier to get
          up on the board...

          god luck!
          Jakob
        • Kitepower (Sydney)
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 17, 2005
            Hi Frank
            It helps a bit in that you would be familiar with how your board will feel, BUT the main skill you need to MASTER in kiteboarding is KITE CONTROL! Focus on that first and foremost and you will learn quickly.
            Get lessons if you need them.
            Always point a board at the source of the traction (kite) until planing and then steer/edge away from the source (kite) once on a steady plane to gain control over your board speed and direction.

            www.kitepower.com.au

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
              now that is an idea :-)
              I will, thanks a bunch!
              Got to wait until March Though...too cold :-)

              FF

              --- jakob Thegerstr�m <jakobjth@...> wrote:

              > up on the board...whuile being pulled by a
              > boat...
              >
              > Hi Frank!
              > Was you pulled by a boat like wakeboarding?! In one
              > way this is much more difficult as you got only
              > horizontal pull. You should learn it with a kite
              > that
              > give you pull at ~30-45 degrees... much easier to
              > get
              > up on the board...
              >
              > god luck!
              > Jakob

              http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
            • jakob Thegerström
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 20, 2005
                if you can train waterstarts with wakeboarding it'll
                help you a lot for kitesurfing, but isn't that a
                little bit too cold also ;)

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/jacolB/TM