power & depower

  • kent larson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2004
      I am a newby, just took lessions from Ikarus in playa del carmen, I
      have a question on the power-depower strap and sheeting the bar in
      and out, are these ajustments close to being the same? (power wise)
      Pulling and releaseing the strap
      and bar in and bar out, (not going into how the kite is trimed,
      keeping it simple) say you do one or the other? does the kite seem
      to have the same depower from each? or power up?
      thanks............
    • George Sarris
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
        Pulling in the depower strap has the effect of
        depowering the kite, which is more for fine tuning the
        power of the kite and when launching and landing
        (depower as much as possible with the strap and then
        unhook completely from the bar). Always launch and
        land unhooked. Pulling in on the depower strap causes
        the kite to fly more from the front lines. When you
        let the bar out, it also depowers the kite, although
        more than the depower strap does, depending on the
        amount of adjustment the depower strap has.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail