I am curious

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2004
      Anyone ever tried kiting using a slalom waterski
      versus a kiteboard?

      Geo.

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2004
        George,

        Some waterski-type board rode by Cory in the past at
        http://www.kiteski.de/Material/boards.html

        It was this image that has attracted many kitesurfing/kiteskiing
        pioneers in the early days http://www.kiteski.de/Material/NoHands.jpg

        Hung.

        George Sarris wrote:

        >Anyone ever tried kiting using a slalom waterski
        >versus a kiteboard?
        >
        >Geo.

        >Yahoo! Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn more.
        >http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >click here
        ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ljfhrk/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705100963:HM/EXP=1102461312/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      • flkitesurfer
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
          Hello George,

          In the early days, I think that was the primary way guys used traction
          kites on the water. As Hung mentioned, Cory has been using skis for
          years. He has had a particular advantage I understand in the Gorge
          Blowout with a fair amount of downwind segments. I think heard last
          summer that a few guys were on skis. So, apparent water skis still
          have value to kiters. There is an article about a guy going in 1988,
          in "History of Kiteboarding" at: http://www.fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=46

          (We are changing hosts today so the site may be slow to load, sorry.)

          I am curently working on an interview with Pete Cabrinha for the
          "Famous Kiteboarders" series on the FKA site. He described
          competiting at a windsurfing competition in France in 1977. Suddenly
          this guy plys through the windsurfing area on skis under kite power.
          Everyone just stopped and stared. The rider went downwind and vanished
          behind a point of land, for ten years as Pete put it. It was Bruno
          Legaignoux playing with some early gear in the infancy of kitesurfing.

          FKA, Inc.

          transcribed by:
          Rick Iossi
          http://www.fksa.org/