Re: Last Years Globerider Kite Any Good?

  • ex_cpe
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "wallyman_88" <wallyman_88@y...> wrote:

      > I have seen in the paper a cheap Globerider kite 17 m last years
      > model are they any good? The guy said they are similar to to a
      > Cabrina Nitro any comments would be appreciated He wants AU$500
      > Thanks Dave

      Dave: I have the pre-self-adjusting leading edge model. It's pretty well made and rad
      looking (mine is the camo/orange.) It may be one of the last kites where they spent
      production money on complicated sewing to get the look. It more compares to my high
      aspect Takoon than my North Vegas or Rhino2-16. (the later two have more grunt in the
      lower half of their range) The bar is basic.

      Price is inviting. I'd ask that he blow it up and hang for 20min to see if the bladders stay
      filled. Then hold it up with the Sun behind it and look for holes.

      .....bring a skate and tell your girlfriend to follow you in the car. Have fun.

      Jim