Re: Last Years Globerider Kite Any Good?

  • Steve McCormack
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2004
      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "wallyman_88" <wallyman_88@y...>
      wrote:

      > I have seen in the paper a cheap Globerider kite 17 m last years
      > model are they any good? The guy said they are similar to to a
      > Cabrina Nitro any comments would be appreciated He wants AU$500
      > Thanks Dave

      What are you looking for Dave, a kite that flies like last years
      Nitro?
      Or are you just looking for a good used kite suitable to add to
      your quiver?
      Do you already have other kites?

      $500 is a low price for a kite 1 year old, has it been repaired?
      Does it include bar and lines?

      The GR kites are OK, as were nearly all 2003/2004 kites.
      We have several used kites in that price range, perhaps give me a
      call to discuss your needs? Ph 02 9529 6894 or send me an e-mail
      with your phone number and I will call you

      I have seen many disasters from people buying worn out overpriced
      kites from newspapers or auction sites, it really is pot luck, do
      you want to take that risk?

      Cya and Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      www.kitepower.com.au
    • ex_cpe
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "wallyman_88" <wallyman_88@y...> wrote:

        > I have seen in the paper a cheap Globerider kite 17 m last years
        > model are they any good? The guy said they are similar to to a
        > Cabrina Nitro any comments would be appreciated He wants AU$500
        > Thanks Dave

        Dave: I have the pre-self-adjusting leading edge model. It's pretty well made and rad
        looking (mine is the camo/orange.) It may be one of the last kites where they spent
        production money on complicated sewing to get the look. It more compares to my high
        aspect Takoon than my North Vegas or Rhino2-16. (the later two have more grunt in the
        lower half of their range) The bar is basic.

        Price is inviting. I'd ask that he blow it up and hang for 20min to see if the bladders stay
        filled. Then hold it up with the Sun behind it and look for holes.

        .....bring a skate and tell your girlfriend to follow you in the car. Have fun.

        Jim