kitesurfing question

  • Matt L.
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23 2:15 PM
      hey everyone,
      I have recenty joined this group and i just recently started one of my favourite sports being snowboarding this year at the end of the winter as up here where I live in Canada and I have recently developed an interest into the watersports but have yet to try any yet. I was wondering because I know all of you are Kitesurfers and whether regular surfing or kitesurfing would be better for the summer season. With kitesurfing I didn't know if it would tie into snowboarding just helping with the upper body strength and helping with turning on a board, but mainly which one would be easier to transition to. Thanx.

      Matt

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23 2:38 PM
        Matt,

        If you already snowboard, try kitesnowboarding. Check
        http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/kitesnowboarding.htm for more info.

        Hung.

        Matt L. wrote:

        >hey everyone,
        >I have recenty joined this group and i just recently started one of my favourite
        >sports being snowboarding this year at the end of the winter as up here where I
        >live in Canada and I have recently developed an interest into the watersports
        >but have yet to try any yet. I was wondering because I know all of you are
        >Kitesurfers and whether regular surfing or kitesurfing would be better for the
        >summer season. With kitesurfing I didn't know if it would tie into snowboarding
        >just helping with the upper body strength and helping with turning on a board,
        >but mainly which one would be easier to transition to. Thanx.
        >
        >Matt

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129qebu2f/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=groups/S=1705100963:HM/EXP=1101334623/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12i6q1a8b/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1101248223280287>
        >

        >Get unlimited calls to
        >
        >U.S./Canada
        >
        ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129qebu2f/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=groups/S=1705100963:HM/EXP=1101334623/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12i6q1a8b/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1101248223280287>

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      • Rodney Myers
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 23 3:35 PM
          I recently repairs a couple of board nicks by filling and sanding with and epoxy filler. Does anyone know what is the best paint to use to finish the job? I've had people say a 2 part epoxy, 2 part polyurethane, and just outdoor spray paint.
          Thanks
          Rod

          Matt L. wrote:

          >hey everyone,
          >I have recenty joined this group and i just recently started one of my favourite
          >sports being snowboarding this year at the end of the winter as up here where I
          >live in Canada and I have recently developed an interest into the watersports
          >but have yet to try any yet. I was wondering because I know all of you are
          >Kitesurfers and whether regular surfing or kitesurfing would be better for the
          >summer season. With kitesurfing I didn't know if it would tie into snowboarding
          >just helping with the upper body strength and helping with turning on a board,
          >but mainly which one would be easier to transition to. Thanx.
          >
          >Matt

          >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129qebu2f/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=groups/S=1705100963:HM/EXP=1101334623/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12i6q1a8b/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1101248223280287>
          >

          >Get unlimited calls to
          >
          >U.S./Canada
          >
          ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129qebu2f/M=296572.5585671.6651487.3001176/D=groups/S=1705100963:HM/EXP=1101334623/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12i6q1a8b/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1101248223280287>

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

          Get unlimited calls to

          U.S./Canada

        • Steve McCormack
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 23 10:08 PM
            --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "wallyman_88" <wallyman_88@y...>
            wrote:

            > I have seen in the paper a cheap Globerider kite 17 m last years
            > model are they any good? The guy said they are similar to to a
            > Cabrina Nitro any comments would be appreciated He wants AU$500
            > Thanks Dave

            What are you looking for Dave, a kite that flies like last years
            Nitro?
            Or are you just looking for a good used kite suitable to add to
            your quiver?
            Do you already have other kites?

            $500 is a low price for a kite 1 year old, has it been repaired?
            Does it include bar and lines?

            The GR kites are OK, as were nearly all 2003/2004 kites.
            We have several used kites in that price range, perhaps give me a
            call to discuss your needs? Ph 02 9529 6894 or send me an e-mail
            with your phone number and I will call you

            I have seen many disasters from people buying worn out overpriced
            kites from newspapers or auction sites, it really is pot luck, do
            you want to take that risk?

            Cya and Goodwinds
            Steve McCormack
            www.kitepower.com.au
          • ex_cpe
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 24 5:11 AM
              --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "wallyman_88" <wallyman_88@y...> wrote:

              > I have seen in the paper a cheap Globerider kite 17 m last years
              > model are they any good? The guy said they are similar to to a
              > Cabrina Nitro any comments would be appreciated He wants AU$500
              > Thanks Dave

              Dave: I have the pre-self-adjusting leading edge model. It's pretty well made and rad
              looking (mine is the camo/orange.) It may be one of the last kites where they spent
              production money on complicated sewing to get the look. It more compares to my high
              aspect Takoon than my North Vegas or Rhino2-16. (the later two have more grunt in the
              lower half of their range) The bar is basic.

              Price is inviting. I'd ask that he blow it up and hang for 20min to see if the bladders stay
              filled. Then hold it up with the Sun behind it and look for holes.

              .....bring a skate and tell your girlfriend to follow you in the car. Have fun.

              Jim