Alex Caviglia Passes On

  • Rick Iossi
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2004
      Alex Caviglia, accomplished windsurfer and kiteboarder, former president and
      founder of Adventure Sports, Inc., the North and South American distributors
      for Cabrinha, Neil Pryde, Bic and Tiga, died in hospital Saturday, November
      13, 2004.

      Alex suffered a severe head injury in a kiteboarding accident one year ago.
      Alex fought hard to recover, and was able to express his love for his family
      and friends before he left us. Alex is survived by his wife, Silvia and his
      children Bianca and Michael.

      I would like to extend my sincere feelings of loss and regret for the
      passing of this well known and liked man. I wish strength and solace to the
      Cavigilas and their many friends in this sad time of loss.

      Silvia Caviglia requests that in lieu of flowers, that donations be made in
      memory of her husband Alex to "Alex's Bluewater Foundation." The "Alex's
      Bluewater Foundation" is a non-profit charitable foundation currently being
      formed to benefit victims of watersports related injury. Additional
      information regarding this foundation will be posted shortly.

      Donations may be sent to:

      Alex's Bluewater Foundation
      c/o Silvia Caviglia
      5724 SW 131 TERRACE
      MIAMI, FL 33156

      Services will be held at:

      St. Louis Catholic Church
      7270 S.W. 120th Street
      Pinecrest, FL 3315

      With the viewing from 4 to 5 pm and mass from 5 to 6 pm on Thursday,
      November 18, 2004. There will be a burial at sea at 2 pm, Saturday, November
      20, 2004.

      * This time of year, particularly November, brings periods of strong winds
      and a sad legacy of accidents for kiteboarders throughout the world. Please
      be careful out there.

      .

      FKA, Inc.

      transcribed by: