RE: [ksurfschool] What wetsuit for what water temperature?

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2004
      And don't forget the neoprene gloves and booties.
      --- "Sax, Steve, M.D." <ssax@...> wrote:

      > Niki,
      >
      > I live in Houston too, and here's my concept:
      > Water temp 70-80....shorty
      > Water temp below 70....either a 4/3 wetsuit or an
      > Ocean Rodeo dry suit; the
      > benefit of the dry suit is it's not constricting at
      > all (except at the
      > ankles and wrists and neck), there's no shock of
      > cold when entering the
      > water, and it's comfortable enough to wear on my
      > drive to Texas City. It is
      > more expensive (about double a good wetsuit).
      > Charley at windsurfing sports
      > has both and you can talk with him about concepts
      > (281-299-9199); tell him
      > Dr. Steve sent you. Have fun on the water!!

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129p93u1f/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=gr

      oups/S=1705100963:HM/EXP=1099751744/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12ih8jk7g/*http://clk.

      atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099665344727250>

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129p93u1f/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=gr

      oups/S=1705100963:HM/EXP=1099751744/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12ih8jk7g/*http://clk.

      <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=10996653

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=
      > :HM/A=2343726/rand=496017352>
      >

      > _____
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > Terms of Service
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      > _________ ****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE**** This
      > e-mail is the property of
      > The Methodist Hospital and/or its relevant
      > affiliates and may contain
      > confidential and privileged material for the sole
      > use of the intended
      > recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or
      > disclosure by others is
      > strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
      > recipient(or authorized to
      > receive for the recipient), please contact the
      > sender and delete all copies
      > of the message. Thank you.

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Niki D.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2004
        Thanks for the advise guys,
        I need to look for a 4/3 full suit. I went out on Friday in a spring
        suit and did OK in the water, although it wasn't exactly enjoyable at
        60F.
        Steve, what kind of doctor are you? I am still looking for a good
        family/internal medicine practitioner.
        Nick

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Sax, Steve, M.D." <ssax@t...>
        wrote:
        > Niki,
        >
        > I live in Houston too, and here's my concept:
        > Water temp 70-80....shorty
        > Water temp below 70....either a 4/3 wetsuit or an Ocean Rodeo dry
        suit; the
        > benefit of the dry suit is it's not constricting at all (except at
        the
        > ankles and wrists and neck), there's no shock of cold when entering
        the
        > water, and it's comfortable enough to wear on my drive to Texas
        City. It is
        > more expensive (about double a good wetsuit). Charley at
        windsurfing sports
        > has both and you can talk with him about concepts (281-299-9199);
        tell him
        > Dr. Steve sent you. Have fun on the water!!

        subject=Unsubscribe>