RE: [ksurfschool] What wetsuit for what water temperature?

  • Sax, Steve, M.D.
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2004
      Niki,

      I live in Houston too, and here's my concept:
      Water temp 70-80....shorty
      Water temp below 70....either a 4/3 wetsuit or an Ocean Rodeo dry suit; the
      benefit of the dry suit is it's not constricting at all (except at the
      ankles and wrists and neck), there's no shock of cold when entering the
      water, and it's comfortable enough to wear on my drive to Texas City. It is
      more expensive (about double a good wetsuit). Charley at windsurfing sports
      has both and you can talk with him about concepts (281-299-9199); tell him
      Dr. Steve sent you. Have fun on the water!!

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2004
        And don't forget the neoprene gloves and booties.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Niki D.
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2004
          Thanks for the advise guys,
          I need to look for a 4/3 full suit. I went out on Friday in a spring
          suit and did OK in the water, although it wasn't exactly enjoyable at
          60F.
          Steve, what kind of doctor are you? I am still looking for a good
          family/internal medicine practitioner.
          Nick

          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Sax, Steve, M.D." <ssax@t...>
          wrote:
          > Niki,
          >
          > I live in Houston too, and here's my concept:
          > Water temp 70-80....shorty
          > Water temp below 70....either a 4/3 wetsuit or an Ocean Rodeo dry
          suit; the
          > benefit of the dry suit is it's not constricting at all (except at
          the
          > ankles and wrists and neck), there's no shock of cold when entering
          the
          > water, and it's comfortable enough to wear on my drive to Texas
          City. It is
          > more expensive (about double a good wetsuit). Charley at
          windsurfing sports
          > has both and you can talk with him about concepts (281-299-9199);
          tell him
          > Dr. Steve sent you. Have fun on the water!!

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          Service