ESVA Kiteboard Event 10/22-10/24

  • David Burden
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2004
      Hello Fellow Kiteboarders! We would like to invite you to join us for the 2005 Mid-Atlantic Kite Swap here on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Attached you will find a schedule for the weekend and below we've tried to answer some of the basic questions you might have about the event. Please feel free to give us a call toll free at
      1-(877)-9-GET-LIT if you there is anything that we can do to help you get out here for a great kiteboarding weekend. This is not a mere contest or an industry meet and greet session. We are planning a full slate of rider focused events to get you on the water and in the know. Let us know if there's anything you would like to see or do while you're here and we'll do the best we can to make it happen. We look forward to seeing you all here on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

      What? - The 2005 Mid-Atlantic Kite Swap presented by SouthEast Expeditions.

      When? - October 22nd - 24th 2005

      Where? - The Sunset Beach Resort on the Eastern Shore of Virginia will serve as base camp for a full weekend of true expedition kiteboarding. The Eastern Shore boasts some of the best riding spots on the East Coast. See why the pros in Hatteras sneak away to ride here at every opportunity. As we say in the ads;

      Virginia's Eastern Shore = Hatteras Conditions + Kansas Crowds.

      Come take over the town as we unleash the kiters version of Bike Week on this unsuspecting coastal village.

      Why? - Spending a weekend partying and riding with other regional kiteboarders is more fun than raking leaves or washing the car. Meet new riding partners. Get a great deal on some gently used gear. Unload your old gear for cash. Ride spectacular locations. Learn something new about the sport you love. There are so many answers to this question is almost seems silly to ask it.

      How? - Just come on over to the Eastern Shore and be ready to have a great time on and off the water.

      Driving times:

      Virginia Beach � 30 Minutes

      Outer Banks � 2.5 Hours

      Richmond � 2 Hours

      Washington D.C � 3.5 Hours

      Philadelphia � 4.5 Hours

      New York � 5 Hours

      Raleigh � 3.5 Hours

      Charlotte � 5.5 Hours

      Annapolis � 3.5 Hours

      As an added bonus, flights in and out of Norfolk (ORF) have gotten ridiculously cheap since Southwest added the city to its growing list of destinations. The airport is only 25 minutes away from our beach. What more can you ask for?

      How Much? - FREE!! There is no charge for any of the events during the 2005 Mid-Atlantic Kite Swap. That's right, a whole weekend full of kiteboarding focused fun at absolutely no cost to you.

      What if there's no wind? - While no-one can guarantee wind, it's pretty consistent here on the Shore in the Fall. Our wind patterns are generally the same as the Outer Banks and we have access to the water in all wind directions. If the wind does not blow every day we do have a variety of alternative activities on tap for everyone. Kite buggy clinics, a disc golf tournament, kayak trips, and more tech talk clinics are just a sampling of the options available for the weekend. Don't let the weatherman deter you from joining in the fun. The odds are in our favor for some world class riding, but we're going to have a great time no matter what.

      What about my family? - The Eastern Shore is a very family friendly destination. While it lacks the variety of Mini-Golf courses and touristy shops that abound in many coastal resorts, we think you'll find that the long, open beaches, pristine wildlife, and abundance of outdoor activities make for great fun for the whole family.

      Where can I stay? - The Best Western Sunset Beach Resort is right on the water and will have special rates available for kiters and their families. Several area Bed and Breakfasts will also be catering to the kite crowd this weekend. Kiptopeke State Park has camping and RV hookups as well. Please call SouthEast Expeditions at (877)-9-GET-LIT for the latest lodging leads.

      David Burden

      President

      SouthEast Expeditions

      32218 Lankford Highway