Re: Don't want to pay too much again

  • ex_cpe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2004
      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "johnmitch1980" <johnmitch1980@y...> wrote:

      > I'm brand new to kitesurfing, and I was overzealous 2 weeks ago when
      > I bought my equipment........meaning, I went to the local dealer and
      > shelled out $3800 for 2 kites (12m and 16m), a board, harness,
      > lifevest, etc.
      > I need to get a 20m kite and 8m kite, but don't want to pay $1200 per
      > kite like I did two weeks ago.
      > I know I can buy used kites online (I checked out ikitesurf.com for
      > listings) for $300 to $500. My problem is, I don't know what kites
      > are "good", or that I could use as a beginner.
      > My 12m and 16m are both Caution Spitfire kites. What 8m and 20m
      > kites should I get?
      > Please help!!! Thanks!

      ...........John: Take a one year breath! ... you're upside down already! But, I
      completely understand: "..just one more bit of kit will get me over the hump...." Not so.
      That's why, I think, those 3-fer deals are a bad choice for new people - you get stuck with
      - at least - one kite you don't need.

      ......and forget the 8M unless you have a large estate to leave your wife, and forget the 20
      because at this stage - you'll never relaunch it, or your wife will get the estate again.

      The 12 and 16 are the perfect choice for adults of average size. Caution, tho not in my
      area, have a good rep. My 9 and 20 are the most useless kites for my area (varies by
      region and body weight) and it looks like your dealer took good care of you with the two
      you got.

      You need a Hobbs meter on the bar reading about 100hrs before you go ask your trust
      officer for another advance. Now go play......

      Jim