[Fwd: Winter kitesurfing clinics]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2004
      FYI

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Winter kitesurfing clinics
      Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
      From: KiteWise <kitewise@...>
      To: Glenn Strickman <gstrickman@...>, Gopal Djietendra
      <DGopal@...>, Greg Wykoff <gwykoff@...>, Gregory
      Manuel <gmanuel@...>, GSGesqfc@..., gzt1@...,
      Hannes Leeb <hannes.leeb@...>, hungvu2000@..., Ian Manger
      <ianmanger@...>, Ian Huschle <IHuschle@...>, Igor Gourari
      <igorgourari@...>, igor tubin <igortubin@...>

      Hello,

      We hope you are enjoying your last days of summer.

      As we all know, NY is not the easiest place to kite due to inconsistent wind patterns, distances, and cold water temperatures most of the year. In response to many requests from our students interested in advancing their abilities in a shorter time, we are exploring ways to offer autumn and winter clinics in Cabarete, Dominican Republic. Cabarete is considered to be one of the top international kiting destinations.

      In order to gauge the overall level of interest for this idea, and help us understand your expectations for such a clinic, we have compiled a few questions. If you might be interested, we invite you to hit reply to this message and return your answers to us.

      Many thanks,
      The Kitewise Team

      2004-2005 Cabarete Clinic - Questionnaire

      Cabarete is a windsurfing & kitesurfing village situated in the northern part of the Dominican Republic. It takes approximately 3 ½ hours non-stop from New York City to get to either Puerto Plata or Santiago, cities that are within short driving distance of Cabarete. An international Caribbean destination popular among European and North American tourists, Cabarete has all the amenities, including dozens of restaurants to choose from, along with a vibrant nightlife.

      The clinics would have an intimate, casual and friendly atmosphere, with no more than two students per instructor. The price of the clinic would include:

      . Transportation to and from the airport
      . Accommodations
      . One week of kite lessons (weather permitting)
      . Kitesurfing gear for the week

      The price would not include your flight or food. Airline tickets (AA, JetBlue, Delta) are very reasonably priced this time of the year.

      Please hit reply and fill in your answers below each question

      1. Overall, how would you rate your level of interest for such an idea?

      1 = Extremely interested
      2 = Interested
      3 = Somewhat interested

      Your answer:

      2. At this point, which statement best describes your level of kitesurfing?

      1 = I've never tried it before
      2 = I feel comfortable flying stunt kites
      3 = I feel comfortable flying kites
      4 = I've made it to the water and practiced body dragging
      5 = I've been on the board a few times but have a hard time staying on
      6 = I can kite, but mostly go downwind
      7 = I feel confident going down/upwind but need practice & help w/ my technique

      Your answer:

      3. Would you come on your own, or bring others*?

      1 = Just me
      2 = Me and my friend or partner
      3 = Three people including myself
      4 = Four or more people including myself

      *If you chose 2-4, please indicate whether or not the other(s) would be interested in kiting, along with their kitesurfing abilities

      Your answer:

      4. Which clinic numbers 1 through 9 would best fit into your schedule?
      (Please feel free to mention any other weeks that you would be interested in, including any within the months of March or April.)

      Your answer:

      November 2004

      Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

      1

      2

      3

      4

      5

      6

      7

      8

      9

      10

      11

      12

      13

      14

      15

      16

      17

      18

      19

      20

      21

      Clinic 1

      22

      23

      24

      25

      26

      27

      28

      29

      30

      December 2004

      Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

      1

      2

      3

      4

      5

      Clinic 2

      6

      7

      8

      9

      10

      11

      12

      Clinic 3

      13

      14

      15

      16

      17

      18

      19

      Clinic 4

      20

      21

      22

      23

      24

      25

      26

      Clinic 5

      27

      28

      29

      30

      31

      1

      January 2005

      Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

      2

      Clinic 6

      3

      4

      5

      6

      7

      8

      9

      10

      11

      12

      13

      14

      15

      16

      Clinic 7

      17

      18

      19

      20

      21

      22

      23

      24

      25

      26

      27

      28

      29

      30

      31

      30

      February 2004

      Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

      1

      2

      3

      4

      5

      6

      Clinic 8

      7

      8

      9

      10

      11

      12

      13

      14

      15

      16

      17

      18

      19

      20

      Clinic 9

      21

      22

      23

      24

      25

      26

      27

      28

      5. Cabarete enjoys kiteworthy wind speeds an average of 65% of days from November until March. On the days when winds are less ideal, Kiters in Cabarete enjoy other activities such as biking, mountain hiking, and horseback riding, to name a few.
      In case of non-windy days, please indicate which, if any, activities you and/or your non-kiting friends be interested in during your stay in Cabarete:

      . Horseback Riding
      . Biking
      . Mountain hiking
      . Scuba diving
      . Rafting
      . Canyoning

      Your answer:

      6. As for accommodations, which of the following options would you prefer (all within walking distance from the beach)?

      1 = Five star hotel
      2 = Three star hotel
      3 = Private house in gated community

      Your answer:

      7. Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your expectations for such a clinic?

      Your answer:

      Kite Wise
      A PASA Certified Kitesurf School
      Tel (646) 734-3027