Only with modern kites!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2004
      The more I flew 2004 and 2005 kites, the more I found that they have
      improved much more than the older generations

      I went out with my Patriot 13.8 from http://Loose.It and my Litewave 115
      (a tiny board by most kiters' standard).

      The wind was very gusty; average wind speed around 10ish knots and the
      gust was around 20ish knots (the max gust was 26.4 knots). The gif file
      of the wind meter can be found at
      http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ksurfschool/vwp?.dir=/Hung&.dnm=g12hr.gif&.src=gr&.view=t&.hires=t

      I was not expecting much fun as my Litewave 115 board was very tiny and
      should not accommodate much range.

      But I was in for a surprise, the 13.8 Patriot's range was so huge. I
      was never really underpowered or way overpowered in this wind range.

      Many have said that when the gust doubles the average wind speed, it's
      time to pack up and go home. This is not true with modern kites or at
      least not true with the Patriot kites ...

      P.S., I made some huge huge jumps in the gusts, but that is another story...

      P.P.S., I was in the chicken loop all the time. When the wind is gusty,
      go for the chicken loop but when it's more constant, go unhooked or the
      fixed loop.