Re: Should a new kiter take lesson?

  • trisdishdelish
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28 8:01 AM
      Hi there, This is my first post!! horay!!!

      I purchased a kite and thought this should be a laugh, watching
      everyone else made it look quite easy. Well nearly gave myself
      whiplash first time!!!

      Brought some DVD's and all the mags, but booked myself a lesson,
      while my other half watched me!! and not only did I have a to-die
      for instructor, it made me more confident and much more aware of
      saftey etc.

      Even though it was UKĀ£100 and we only got 1/2 day wind I cannot wait
      to do my 2 day course...just need the weather here in England!!!!

      Thanks for all the info, great group.

      And would recommend a lesson for anyone.
      Regards,
      Tx

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Pam S." <pamst@s...> wrote:
      > Lessons are a must Hung. I took a half day lesson(and this was
      after kiting all last winter on the ice.) and think that is a bare
      minimum. In my short time in the sport I have gotten in trouble and
      have seen some others do the same. Trouble is, it is hugely
      addictive and sometimes this affects our decision making. I shutter
      to think of the potential for serious injury. I love your
      kitesurfing school and read everything I can get my hands on. I
      always think safety first.

      > Keep up the good work.
      >
      > Tom

      Kitesurfingschool.org, etc.)